Flying out of Dickinson has big advantages
(smaller lines, less waiting), and you will find the
security/boarding process fairly simple. However, we
will still offer you these following suggestions to
ensure a pleasant experience:
- United Airlines advises travelers
to arrive early, at least 1.5 hours prior to flight
- Do not pre-wrap holiday gifts you
plan to carry onboard the airplane. Security personnel
may be required to unwrap and open wrapped packages.
- Limit your carry-on baggage. FAA directives
dictate that all passengers are limited to one carry-on
bag and one personal item (examples include: purse,
briefcase, computer/case, backpack). Pack light, fewer
check-in and carry-on items will speed the hand searches
at ticket counters, and screening at airport security
- Be prepared for hand searches of checked
baggage at ticket counters, and carry-on baggage at
security checkpoints and departure gates.
For additional security tips, please visit the Transportation
- Have photo identification ready upon
check-in and at departing gate (example, drivers license,
- Only ticketed passengers will be allowed
through security checkpoints. Please see airline ticket
counter personnel if you have any special needs.
- Electronic Ticket customers must bring
a printed itinerary or receipt verifying your flight
information. You will need this document at the security
checkpoint to proceed to gate.
- Call the airline prior to departure
to ensure flight information is correct, and that
the flight is on time.
- Help us keep wait times down at the
security checkpoints by not packing sharp items. Minimize
wearing of jewelry and other metal items when passing
through the checkpoints. Be prepared to place all
items in a plastic tub for x-ray as well as laptop
- Pack your patience, and enjoy your